The Art Nouveau villa, built in 1904, was taken over in 1905 by Anton Reiser, who set up a restaurant with a café and a grocery store. He named this property Trompeterschlössle because Victor von Scheffel's opera "Der Trompeter von Säckingen" had thrilled him and thus inspired this name.
From this year on, Anton Reiser organizes dance evenings in the newly built hall, where Constance and Swiss neighbors meet and get to know each other better. In addition, measured quantities of coffee, sugar, chocolate or cigarettes can be purchased duty-free in the property's store.
The dance hall of the Trompeterschlössle is converted into apartments and storage rooms.
In April, emissaries of the 1st French Army, the International Red Cross and the Swiss Army meet here with representatives of the Constance city administration to agree on the surrender of the city without a fight.
The grocery store belonging to the Trompeterschlössle already has six employees and is visited almost daily by about 500 customers from Constance. These border crossers are allowed to buy the following for a maximum of DM 2.15: 49 g of coffee, 200 g of sugar, 50 g of chocolate, 1 box of matches, 4 cigarettes, 3 sweets and 1 soup cube. At that time, alcohol and cigarette smuggling is flourishing in this region.
The restaurant and store are continued by the heirs after Anton Reiser's death.
The Strobel-Stucky family leases the property; they continue to run the restaurant and store.
The Trompeterschlössle is bought by the Wild-Gremlich family; under their management the restaurant receives many gastronomic awards and attracts numerous guests.
Restaurant and hotel will be expanded and rebuilt.
The entrepreneur Christian H. Rosenberg from Tägerwil acquires the Hotel Trompeterschlössle and ...
... also the neighboring "Alte Zollhaus", which is being converted into the Villa Tägermoos Residence with offices and apartments.
Start of the complete renovation and reconstruction of the hotel and restaurant/bar area in cooperation with the Office for the Protection of Historical Monuments of the Canton of Thurgau.
New opening in May 2021